How to lead a project?
INFORMATIONS TO BE COLLECTED :
- need of water, i.e. required flow rate (hourly or daily) with or without a possibility of storage
- kind of water point : well or drilling (and their diameter), river, pond or marsh
- water level by low water and the level of the outlet compared to the ground (that is to say the total uneven) and distance between the windmill and the place where water must be brought
- total depth of the water point
- existence of obstacles being able to block the arrival of the wind on the wheel
- use of the windmill during freezing time or not
- search for pressure for the distribution of pumped water
IMPORTANT PARAMETERS WHICH INFLUENCE the DIMENSIONING of a PUMPING SET (and thus, its cost...) :
. the wind layer, which is an intrinsic data of the site. However it is preferable to install the windmill in a released place, at least in the axis of the dominant winds and to use a pylon as high as possible. To illustrate this last point and to advise an adequate height of pylon, it should be known that:
. in open country, without major obstacle, the fact of doubling the height of a pylon while passing from 6 to 12m makes it possible to gain up to 7% on the speed of the wind and approximately 20% on pumping
. in bocage or slightly urbanized zones, the fact of doubling the height of a pylon while passing from 6 with 12m makes it possible to gain up to 40% on the speed of the wind and approximately to multiply pumping by 2.7 !!!
. endly, in forest, the advised minimal height is that of the trees which stand in the neibourhood of the installation. In a configuration where the pylon is below the top of the trees, the wind power available can be reduced to nothing (and, by the way, pumping...)
. the uneven total between the level of water to pump and the level of outlet. The 4 following scenarios will be distinguished:
. very large uneven superiors with 80m: in the majority of the cases the pumped flow will be low (100 l/h maximum) with high mechanical stress on the machine and very strong pressures on the pump. This scenario is possible but it requires a specific study because out of our standards.
. the large uneven ones standing between 40 and 80m : in general, the pumped flow will remain little (from 100 to 350l/h) with still significant mechanical stress and strong pressures on the pump. This scenario requires a reinforcement of the head and a judicious choice of the pump in collaboration with our services.
. uneven means ranging between 10 and 40m: the flow pumped, according to particular case's of each project can vary from 350l/h to 1100l/h. This scenario represents the majority of the met configurations .
. the small uneven ones from1 to 10m: the pumped flow can reach several m3/h (up to 4 or 5m3/h) thanks to special pumps of great capacity. This scenario meets typically in the projects of drainage or of compensation of the evaporation of a pond.
PRECONCEIVED IDEAS CONCERNING THE NOISE:
- a water pumping windmill, because it turns at low speed, does not generate any significant wind noise (unlike an electric aerogenerator)
- the pump driving at the bottom of the well comes with a relatively discrete, but perceptible metal sound until 25m around approximately in a perfectly calm environment. There is a simple and effective solution proposed in option to limit this phenomenon and to allow the exploitation of the pumping windmill in inhabited zone.
if you did not come in through home page, click over this picture to see the site map